Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Review 79: Words of Radiance

Words of Radiance Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whatever the opposite of ''not mincing words'' is, is whatever I would use to describe this book by Sanderson. At over 1100 pages, I wouldn't be able to use this book to stabilize a table, but I would be able to use it as a footrest. Joking aside, it is a ridiculously long book and it does feel like that sometimes. The slower parts are terribly long, with entire pages seemingly disconnected from the plot. On the whole though, this is a fantastic piece of work. Epic in scale, ramping up to a final fight that is, well, epic. Sanderson's characters are great, with great development arcs. His locales are fresh and exciting and his dialogues are excellent. For me, this book tipped the scales towards the higher end of a 4,5 stars. That half star that is lacking is due to something present in so many fantasy novels. Good things come to certain characters too easily.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment