Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Review 88: Tuned Out

Tuned Out Tuned Out by Keith A. Pearson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What is with me and time-travel love stories? It's such a niche genre, and I've only managed to read two books in it. The first one was Stephen King's 11.22.63, a book ostensibly about preventing JFK's assassination. The theme that really grabbed me by the throat though, was the love story. For some reason, the idea of lovers separated by the streams of time seems so immensely unfair that I cannot help but shed a tear. This book was no different. The twist at the end grabs you and quite frankly, if you do not cry, I would argue you might be a little dead inside. Aside from the love story that was phenomenally well done, everything else just clicked as well. The characters were engaging, and the setting was utterly mundane, yet fantastically laid out. It was not a perfect novel, but a very solid four out of five stars. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment